Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Alice during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Rescue Heating & Air will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Rescue Heating & Air at 361-265-4371 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.