It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like being informed when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a number of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the greatest savings you can. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to tell you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a number of benefits that can help improve your comfort, potentially lessen your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Rescue Heating & Air in Alice has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 361-265-4371.