With warmer weather nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can save a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically increase your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Rescue Heating & Air specialist perform air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system operating well for the long haul. He or she can ensure the unit is working properly and can identify looming concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your expert air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might damage your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could obstruct airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or doing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer brings your way. Give the team at Rescue Heating & Air a call at 361-265-4371.