As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature begins to fall, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter rapidly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when you need to replace your furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a ring at 361-265-4371 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t hesitate giving Rescue Heating & Air in Alice a call at 361-265-4371. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.