In Alice you count on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be preparing for furnace service
visit sooner rather than later. At the very least, you might have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and effect your furnace’s performance. It could even produce problems with your furnace’s control switch, which works furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may require a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some signs for you to search for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in a professional, like Rescue Heating & Air , if you notice any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem weak? Symptoms related to your blower could indicate a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you turning up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still chilly? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working noisily or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace at once and turn off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a clogged condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC pros to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Rescue Heating & Air at 361-265-4371 when you need to schedule repairs or annual maintenance.