During the colder Alice months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Rescue Heating & Air will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Rescue Heating & Air ASAP if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Rescue Heating & Air can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Rescue Heating & Air at 361-265-4371 or book an appointment with us online.