Having standard air conditioning service done at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Alice summertime, have the professionals at Rescue Heating & Air perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illicitly releasing it to the air.
- Check for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Rescue Heating & Air today at 361-265-4371.