Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Alice is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Rescue Heating & Air always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Rescue Heating & Air in Alice at 361-265-4371 today.